If you require an emergency ambulance, call Triple Zero (000)
Calling an Ambulance
Knowing how to call Triple Zero (000) in a medical emergency can be the difference between life and death. If you are faced with a medical emergency, there are a few simple but important things you need to do.
1. Call Triple Zero (000) - 24 hours a day, seven days a week from any landline, pay phone or mobile phone.
2. Ask for an ambulance - When you call Triple Zero (000), a Telstra operator will ask which service you require - Police, Fire or Ambulance.
3. Answer the control centre assistant's questions
4. Keep calm and be clear - Speak slowly and clearly.
5. Do not hang up. Stay on the line for more instructions - Once you have answered the control centre assistant's initial questions, an appropriate service will be organised.
For some medical conditions sending paramedics may not be required. If this is the case we will transfer you to a nurse, at Healthdirect, for further assistance.
When it’s not an emergency
If you or someone you know is sick but it is not a life-threatening emergency and you do not require immediate medical attention, consider the following options before calling Triple Zero (000):
General Practitioner (GP) - See a GP for illnesses or injuries that just won't go away and cannot be treated by over-the-counter medication.
Pharmacist - See a pharmacist for common health problems such as coughs, colds or sore throats.
Healthdirect Australia – 1800 022 222 - is a 24-hour telephone health advice line staffed by registered nurses to provide fast and simple expert advice on any health issue and what to do next.
Other useful numbers:
NSW Poisons Information Centre - 131 126
Alcohol Drug Information Service - 1800 250 015
Mental Health Line – 1800 011 511
Arthur St,Grafton NSW 2460
Grafton Community Health,184 Arthur St,GRAFTON NSW 2460
21 Union St,Maclean NSW 2463
56 River Street,Maclean NSW 2463
3 Roberts Close,Yamba NSW 2464
201A Prince StreetGrafton NSW 2460, Australia
Entry is free and it is available for non-profit groups and organisations.